Burlington's Corporate Social Responsibility Efforts
As a national off price retailer with more than 500 stores nationwide and Puerto Rico, Burlington is committed to giving back to communities surrounding its store locations. We know we can make the greatest impact by supporting causes that affect the lives of our customers and their families. To learn more about our community relations efforts, see below:
Warm Coats & Warm Hearts Coat Drive
November - January
This annual collaboration is part of an ongoing effort to ensure no individual goes without a warm coat during the cold winter months. Each year the Warm Coats & Warm Hearts Coat Drive relies on the generosity and compassion of our customers across the country. In partnership with ABC's Good Morning America and the national non-profit organization K.I.D.S./Fashion Delivers, Burlington collects gently-worn coats in all its store locations and works with local agencies to distribute the coats to those most in need within the community. Having completed its 7th year, the coat drive has collected well over 1.2MM coats! Thanks to all those that continue to donate to help spread the gift of warmth!
Red Dress Event
February - Easter
Burlington is proud to support women’s heart health. Having completed its second year of partnership with The Heart Truth® and WomenHeart: The National Coalition
for Women with Heart Disease, Burlington’s Red Dress Event helps to increase awareness among its customers about the importance of women’s heart health, as heart disease is the leading
cause of death among women. Each year from February through Easter, Burlington donates $1 for any dress sold to benefit education for women’s heart health. Additionally, our national POS
campaign has raised nearly $2MM towards lending support for women living with heart disease and provided funds towards launching the organization’s Hispanic initiative to inform Latinas
about the risks of heart disease.
To learn more about WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease, visit
To learn more about women's heart health and how you can help, please visit
July - October
Burlington has partnered with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light the Night Walk for the past 11 years in the organization’s fight against blood cancers.
In 2013, the campaign will celebrate its 12th year of partnership in stores from July 7 through October 19. Customers generously supported the cause in 2012 by donating a record breaking
$3.4MM to help fight cancer and through registrations by Burlington Associates in the Light the Night Walks hosted nationally.
- Since 2001, Burlington Company has raised more than $16MM for research and for improving the quality of life of patients and their families.
- Because of our efforts, Burlington continues to be the organization's #1 National Corporate Partner and Honored Friend.
To learn more about The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society visit www.lls.org
and to find out more about the Light the Night Walk, please visit www.lightthenight.org.
Project Checkpoint & Operation Car Seat
Project Checkpoint ™
- Baby Depot at Burlington partners with local municipalities, car seat manufactures and non-profit organizations across the country to educate new parents about car seat safety.
- At Project Checkpoint events, certified safety seat experts inspect vehicles for proper installation and operation of child restraints. These events are free to the public, providing resourceful information to parents and care takers.
Operation Car Seat
Burlington's Charity Day
- Through Operation Car Seat, Baby Depot provides affordable pricing for bulk orders of car seats for non-profit organizations. To learn more, please send an email to email@example.com
As a new neighbor in new store communities, Burlington outreaches to local philanthropic 501(c) 3 organizations in such markets to seek their participation in Burlington’s Charity Day. This is a day dedicated to community, in which charitable supporters are able to donate $5 to their charity of choice in return for a VIP exclusive shopping pass redeemable in that Burlington location on this one day, just prior to the store’s official grand opening to the public. The pass is inclusive of 10% off an entire purchase!
Burlington Gives Back
Charitable Donation Program
Burlington Gives Back is a program dedicated to donating new sample merchandise to local philanthropic organizations in communities surrounding our stores. These events take place at select store locations and provide an opportunity to donate new merchandise to those most in need. The program’s official national non-profit partner, K.I.D.S./Fashion Delivers, identifies local non-profit 501 c 3 organizations in our store communities to receive such merchandise. In order to be eligible to receive donations from K.I.D.S./Fashion Delivers, please register your 501(c)(3) charity online at
Gift Card Fundraising Program
Calling all non-profit organizations! Burlington offers a Gift Card Fundraising program enabling non-profit 501 (c)(3) organizations to raise money for their organizations through bulk orders of Burlington Gift Cards. Organizations can easily purchase Burlington Gift Cards at a discount and sell cards at their face value. The difference will go directly to your organization. It’s that easy! Don’t miss out on this exciting fundraising opportunity for your organization, while shopping at your favorite store!
How does it work?
- Gift card denominations are available through the Gift Card Fundraising Program at $25, $50, $75 and $100.
- With each denomination, Burlington offers a five percent discount on your gift card purchase, with a minimum of $500 worth of gift cards being purchased.
How can I participate?
Natural Disaster Relief Efforts
When unfortunate natural disasters occur, Burlington responds. Whether it’s international or domestic, Burlington finds a way to help. Over the past several years, the world has seen devastating Hurricanes, Earthquakes, Tornados, and Tsunamis. As a result, Burlington and its customers have donated funds and new merchandise to non-profit organizations assisting those most in need, whether it’s to the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, Donorschoose.org or Fashion Delivers, Burlington swiftly springs into action:
Charitable Donation Policy
- Burlington partnered with the American Red Cross and donated more than $500,000 to assist victims from the Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami and over $400,000 to those hit by the 2010 Hurricane in Haiti.
- When Hurricane Sandy hit the Northeast, many Burlington stores were affected and all but one was restored. Burlington was able to donate a total of $200,000 in Gift Cards to Fashion Delivers and another $50,000 to the Salvation Army, in addition to more than 40 pallets of new merchandise to help those affected.
- Following the devastation from the Tornados that hit Oklahoma, Burlington and its generous customers quickly raised $250,000 with a two-week collection period in all stores and Burlington corporately donated $25,000 to benefit DonorsChoose.org to rebuild schools in Moore, Oklahoma and the surrounding areas. Burlington also donated $10,000 of gift cards and 20 pallets of new merchandise to families locally in need within the Oklahoma City community.
For those organizations looking for a sponsorship, merchandise for donation and/or gift cards, Burlington only supports 501 c 3 organizations in working with Fashion Delivers through its Burlington Gives Back program (described above). Burlington does not make monetary grants/donations, donate gift cards or provide merchandise for auction, sale, barter, raffle, trade, or for use for fund-raising purposes.